This guide will help organizations select the best Plant Asset Management (PAM) System for their operational requirements and business needs.
Uptime, asset availability, and safety are critical for high operational performance. For industrial organizations, KPIs such as these tie directly to shareholder value. However, sustainable asset management efforts require a modern PAM system with the appropriate features and functionalities. This publication contains guidance and specific selection criteria to enable technology and supplier selection teams to find common ground with lower risk and faster time to decision.
Operations and maintenance personnel need a modern PAM system to obtain the visibility into performance required for achieving operational goals and help improve return on assets (ROA). As manufacturers seek to extend asset life, PAM solutions can help ensure aging assets continue to perform satisfactorily.
Current PAM systems offer solutions to monitor greater numbers of applications and asset classes, and have migrated to more functional areas of the plant to encompass not only maintenance but also plant operation.
Plant Asset Management Strategic Issues
PAM systems span both the functional needs of its users and business processes for the broader enterprise. This selection guide explores user objectives, business justification, application scope, selection criteria, and helps answer key questions, such as:
- Which PAM functions are needed?
- What features should be considered for comparing suppliers?
- Which suppliers have success in your industry?
- What are the best practices of other PAM users?
- How are the cloud, SaaS, mobility, and analytics affecting PAM?
Plant Asset Management System Selection Guide Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
- End User Trends
PAM Adoption Strategies
- Strategies for Success
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Key Issues Researched
- Evolution of PAM Systems
- PAM Functions and Technologies
Technology and Supplier Selection Criteria
- Key Criteria Analysis
- Have a Fact-based Selection Process
- Consider Best Practices by Suppliers
- Selection Process Tools Available
- Table Containing Specific Selection Criteria
PAM Deployment Maturity
Market Shares Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Market Shares by Automation Assets
- Market Shares by Production Assets
- Market Shares by Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Mining & Metals
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech
- Pulp & Paper
- Water & Wastewater
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.