Vice President, Enterprise Software
Ralph's focus areas include engineering design tools for plants and BIM, blockchain, and global service providers (GSP).
Ralph’s focus includes engineering design tools for plants and BIM, blockchain, and global service providers (GSP). He has written over two hundred reports while with ARC. Below is a brief overview of the domain areas he covers:
Engineering Design Tools: Ralph researched and authored the Engineering Design Tools for Plants, Infrastructure, and BIM Market Analysis Report.
Blockchain: Ralph researches the application of blockchain in the industrial sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Logistics. He has written on the application of blockchain in the supply chain including MES in plant operations.
Global Service Providers (GSP): Ralph developed the GSP selection guide that includes both selection criteria and guided workflow steps for choosing a services provider. The criteria extend from corporate IT to manufacturing IT and include communications with control systems. He has also written several reports involving GSPs and their customer successes.
Other areas of expertise: Often, key strategies involve multiple domains. During his career, Ralph was involved in other industrial domain areas and brings this knowledgebase into his practice. At ARC, his research and reports cover Industrial IoT (IIoT), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS), Asset Performance Management (APM), Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM), Field Service Management (FSM), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), 3D Laser Scanning, and Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement programs. From previous roles, he is familiar with ERP, HMI, Batch, Historians, CNC, PLC, DCS and robots.
Ralph has 40 years experience associated with industrial applications. This and his research at ARC provide an intimate understanding of the issues among manufacturers. Ralph has been with ARC Advisory Group since 2000. Before joining ARC, his roles include marketing and product management for suppliers, as well as engineering-in-manufacturing functions for end-users. Ralph was with General Electric, Intellution/Emerson, Digital Equipment Corp., Motorola, and Texas Instruments.
Video at ARC Forum in February 2018:
- Asset Performance Management with IIoT Improves Uptime and Revenue 6 minute interview
- Presentation: How OEMs Improve Revenue and Customer Satisfaction with IIoT 18 minutes
- Presentation: Field Service Management Emerging Technologies 20 minutes
Video at ARC Forum in February 2017:
- How IIoT & Analytics Improve Asset Performance Management 6 minute interview
- Presentation: Improved Asset Management with Industrial IoT, PdM & EAM 16 minutes
Videos at ARC Forum in February 2016:
- EAM and FSM Introduction and Benefits of IIoT 10 minutes
- Presentation: Moving to Higher APM with Industrial IoT 10 minutes
- Presentation: The Intersection of Enterprise Asset Management and Industrial IoT 8 minutes
- Presentation: Service Performance Management by OEMS with Industrial IoT 9 minutes