This guide will help organizations select the best logistics service provider (LSP) for their warehousing services (contract logistics) business requirements.
This guide contains guidance, specific selection criteria, ROI data, and supplier profiles to help team members make more insightful decisions and find common ground with lower risk and faster time to benefit.
Succeeding in today’s competitive global climate requires innovation and operational excellence along several dimensions. Those dimensions include market presence, vertical industry coverage, financial stability, technological prowess, to name just a few.
The criteria included in the selection guide were shaped in part by a survey focused on the most successful strategies both shippers and LSPs employ to most improve their warehouse performance. Those survey results are also included.
This guide is designed to accelerate the development of a detailed and robust request for proposal. Companies need to examine their own distinct objectives, include the right cross functional team members, and then take the criteria in this guide, delete the ones that don’t apply, add company specific criteria, and weigh the remaining criteria in the way that will best meet their objectives.
The market data provided, in turn, can help narrow the selection process down to a set of qualified suppliers most likely to have the industry domain expertize and regional presence required to serve their needs.
Warehousing Services Provider Selection Strategic Issues
The LSP warehousing services market is diverse, with each industry having its distinctive requirements and suppliers with a significant market presence in that vertical. The selection guide explores user objectives, selection criteria, and processes with information about best practices, key metrics, and traps to avoid. The guide can help answer key questions such as:
- Which providers have the largest market shares in our industry or region?
- What techniques have most helped leading LSPs improve warehouse performance?
- What specific criteria can be used to judge a LSP’s financial stability, technological prowess, ability to improve operations on an ongoing basis, and in other areas as well?
- Why is a LSP’s continuous improvement program critical for success, and what helps to differentiate LSPs in this area?
Download Brochure: Warehousing Services
Warehousing Services Provider Selection Guide Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Successful Adoption
Partial List of Selection Criteria Topics
- Business Goals
- System Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Industry
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.