Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced that it will release the 102 factory automation products, including programmable controllers, servo amplifiers, robots, GOTs (HMIs), inverters and CNCs that are compatible with the CC-Link IE TSN next-generation industrial open network, starting from May 7. Integration of machine control and information communication required for next-generation smart factories will be realized on one network, further enhancing Mitsubishi Electric's e-F@ctory integrated factory automation solution. In addition, high-speed, high-precision communication will reportedly improve machine performance and thereby contribute to productivity and quality improvement.
The CC-Link IE TSN is an Ethernet-based industrial network, based on specifications disclosed by CC-Link Partner Association on November 21, 2018. It adopts TSN technology to mix different protocols through time synchronization.
Product features as follows:
Factory automation products support TSN technology for flexible Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) system architecture
- Factory automation products offering industry-first compatibility with CC-Link IE TSN
- Separately configured machine control and information communication can be integrated into one Ethernet cable, helping to reduce system configuration design and installation costs
- Easy parameter registration allows mixing of multiple communication cycles, such as 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps, enabling easy configuration of optimum systems
High-speed, high-precision communication helps improve productivity and quality
- With a link scan of 31.25 μs, high-speed processing that reportedly is 16 times faster compared to existing motion networks (CC-Link IE Field network motion), reducing facility and machine production cycle time for improved productivity
- High-precision synchronous control without communication delay, even in large-scale systems (communication variation time is less than ±1 μs when a maximum of 254 stations are connected), realizes highly data analysis in cloud and edge computing systems, thereby improving quality
Engineering tool improves system management
- Connected device profile coordination function with CSP+, the description language specifications released by CC-Link Partner Association, of Melsoft GX Works3 engineering tool manages all connected devices, including third-party partner products
- Graphically displays entire network status to allow network and fault device diagnosis with intuitive operation, helping to reduce downtime due to errors